When I go on a date with someone for some reason I always feel the need to ask them what they’re hopes and dreams are.
I ask them and they list it out for me then return the question. I always seem to have this elaborate 5 year plan ready to go.
Save my money, buy my first home, hopefully a new car somewhere along the way. To be in a good relationship, to be happy. It really doesn’t seem like alot.
But now that I think about it I would’ve had this dream when I was 18 as well which would now be almost 5 years ago. Since I think the only thing that has come true from that is being in a relationship I decided to instead make a list of 22 things I’ve learned in the last 5 years. Enjoy.
- No one is in control of your life except for you.
- You can’t expect anything to change by sitting and waiting.
- It is NOT a good idea to fuck up your taxes. This goes along with the fact that if you’re in college and not paying towards your loans yet-you still need to file for school.
- “Not every sexual encounter should make you feel like you were taken advantage of.” It really messes with your mental health.
- Never take an overnight (nights) trip by yourself.
- Always say what you mean.
- Be an ear, you never know when someone may need it.
- Don’t talk shit. Karma is not only a bitch but she’s also pretty quick to retaliate. Sorry karma.
- EVERY choice you make effects you in the long run and you never know how it’ll work out but your chances are higher if your choices are good.
- Denim shirts don’t look good on me. Tucked in or out its just bad.
- Your time is precious. Don’t waste it on anyone that doesn’t want it.
- Decluttering is an extremely useful form of therapy.
- Don’t take anything for granted because you never know when you won’t have it anymore. With that being said, if you lose it-don’t dwell. All that hurts is you.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself. You’ve spent your entire life figuring out who that is.
- Don’t neglect your dentist. Brushing and flossing doesn’t fix everything.
- Memories are important. Put your damn phone away.
- Your mom is your best friend.
- Make sure your arguments are worth it.
- Face wash is very good body wash in times of crisis.
- Adults pee their pants too. No shame.
- Don’t argue about how you look. You’ve had years of seeing yourself a certain way, someone else could be seeing you through rose colored glasses.
- Rough days don’t mean a rough life. You’ve got plenty of time left.